Paul has over 30 years’ experience in the area of investigation, fraud risk and governance including 15 years with law enforcement in Australia. Following his career as a police detective Paul worked for a corporate managing fraud risk and investigating internal and external fraud.
He has been consulting since 2000 when he took up a position with a big 4 accounting firm in Singapore. Since then he founded and his own boutique fraud risk company in Singapore for 6 years, travelled extensively through Asia and Europe conducting investigative, due diligence and risk management assignments. Paul moved back to Australia in 2012 and was a Partner with KordaMentha Forensic. He established CurbyPartners in 2017.
AREAS OF SPECIALISATION
Forensic services, Recovery services, Anti-Corruption, Fraud risk & prevention services, Criminal and Civil investigations, Fraud detection and data analytics.
Government, Financial services, Manufacturing, Insurance, Airline & transportation, Construction, Racing and Gaming.
SNAPSHOT OF EXPERIENCE
- Led a procurement fraud investigation involving collusion between a staff member of our client and a supplier. A brief of evidence was prepared resulting in charges being laid by police.
- Led investigations into allegations of greyhound mass graves for Greyhound Racing NSW.
- Conducted investigations into a highly contentious sexual harassment complaint involving two board members who both held positions on the board of separate publicly listed companies.
- Conducted numerous procurement fraud, anti-corruption, background due diligence assignments for a multilateral development bank in Asia.
- Provided computer forensic and litigation support to a financial services company in connection with the taking of Intellectual Property following the departure of a large number of staff to a competitor.
- Led an investigation in connection with the misappropriation of funds by the Financial Controller for US multi-national in Sydney.
- Led a number of anti-corruption investigations for a regulator in the gaming industry.
- Led a team in connection with an investigation of a shareholder dispute resulting in simultaneous execution of an Anton Pillar Order for multiple locations and resulting in the identification and seizing of a large amount of documentary and digital evidence.